- posted by Jennifer
- I have many friends, including myself, turning 40 this year. Cory decided to host a joint "turning 40" party for my BFF Kerry and I - Kerry's bday was in July and mine is coming up in August. I say Cory hosted, but really there were a few key people involved in helping make this party super fun for all us girls, whereas Cory just picked up the bill. :-)
First, my cousin Natalie had this sign made (by Jennie of Studio 1621 on etsy).
- Natalie then picked up flowers from Katie of Ambience Floral Design.
- They were done in my favorite flower (the Gerbera Daisy) and Kerry's favorite flower (tulips). We decided on a red/black/white/silver theme.
- Natalie, with some help from Paper Garden, made Food and Dessert Menu cards.
- My friend, Lisa, who is an awesome culinary expert, made some appetizers. Stuffed mushrooms, roasted shrimp cocktail, endive with goat cheese, fig, and honey walnuts, and the most amazing sesame crusted chicken tea sandwiches. From the moment Lisa arrived, she put us to work (me, Rob, Val, and Natalie) so in some ways you could say we all had some sort of hand in these creations under Lisa's expert guidance!
- My sister and Rob sliced up some bread and brie, fresh veggies, and Natalie made her famous book club bruschetta.
- Lisa made home-made jalapeno bread-sticks, Natalie made her yummy cheese-ball, and then Rob and Val sliced up a bunch of fruit, not only to eat, but also for the sangria.
- Rebecca and Hector of Sweet Cakes by Rebecca hooked us up with our favorite desserts: Red Velvet cake pops, chocolate mini-cupcakes, caramel-white-chocolate dipped pretzels, and chocolate dipped strawberries. She did a great job using our Red color theme.
- Natalie and I were a bit crazed trying to get ready in time, when the electrical outlets in the bathroom went out. We managed to dry our hair and get dressed moments before everyone arrived. And, I was rushing around trying to take some food pics before we all dove in and stuffed ourselves silly.
Of course, with a few photographers in the house, there was no way we weren't doing some photos! Kerry had childhood friends and we had mutual work friends: Jernee, Tammy, Adrian, Kara, Sara, Kathy, and of course Kerry.
- And family and more friends: my sissy Val, my cousin Natalie, and the MJ girls: Kirsten, Teresa and Kelly.
- Oh wait...and more friends. My friend Jen and Lisa, and Cory snapped another one of me and Kirst.
- Later in the night we decided to have everyone jump in for a group photo...and somehow we did the Cory "Bird" photo.
- This is me and my BFF Kerry.
- I couldn't help but take some photos of two of my favorite cards, from my sister and my friend Jen.
- And from my sissy, the cute "I'm the Big sister" bear and a wonderful book that told a cute story about "what if there were no sisters". It was a good read!
I love you all! So glad we could all celebrate together.