- posted by Jennifer
- We're going to continue down the path of composition in photos. Yesterday we talked about Horizon Lines. Today, we're going to talk about the use of geometric shapes.
In this first photo storyboard, Teresa used the triangular painted walls to show off the fun side of a couples' combined personalities. The use of shapes can add elements of humor to photographs.
- In this photo, similar to Teresa's use of triangles, I used the huge drain pipes and their circular shapes to have a bit of fun with Nicole and Jason.
- We photographed Matt when he was horsing around during his family photo session. It created a big X of sorts, and he just climbed up.
- Repeated lines is another form of geometric shapes. Here we are using them with Kim and Scott during Christmas in Old Folsom.
- Geometric shapes are fun! And can be more than what you may think is the standard shape, such as circles, squares, or triangles. You can come up with a variety of shapes and sizes if you just are on the look out for a bit of unusual back drops. We'd love to see what you come up with! Please be sure to send in your photos as you try out our tips. Email your entries to email@example.com or post to our facebook page.
You can get back to the monthly table of contents of Taking Better Blog Photos via our Day 1 post.
To join this FREE 31 Day series simply sign up HERE to have each day's topic delivered to your inbox. Eventually this series, as well as other photography tips will be added to my new site www.healthylivinghappyhome.com (which is not up yet), so another reason to sign up now is that you will be the first to receive new information as the new site goes live!