- posted by Jennifer
- Susan and Mark are both super fun and up for anything. And Susan had so many ideas for their engagement photos - I was so excited to hear about some of her props (read why props are fun!). She wanted to spend time with their dogs, be able to dress up and dress down, and find some cool architecture. Well I spent a week scouring the streets of Sacramento attempting to find some "new" places that had some different architectural elements, and revisited a few old ones.
A few days ago I posted a sneak peak photos from Susan and Mark's Sacramento engagement session. I briefly mentioned that there was a story to this photo. Well the short version of the story goes....we spent an evening together over dinner, photographed in several locations, and had a fabulous time. As soon as got home, Cory mentioned to me "Aren't Susan and Mark getting married in July 2011?" Well of course they are, I exclaim. Why do you ask? Well the sign Susan creatively had drawn to use in the picture for the save the date said 2010. Oh No! Susan and Mark realized the mistake that same night. Susan was so disappointed. Two nights later, we did our second engagement session to fix the mistake that none of us even realized. :-) And the best thing....we had even more fun on the 2nd evening.
This first image was from our first photo engagement session.
- This is Bentley and Oliver. Aren't they super cute?!
- On our second evening engagement session, Susan made up a few more chalk boards. I love her creativity.
- These might just be my favorites!
- Mark came running up behind Susan surprising her as he picked her up and twirled her around.
- Mark is such a fun guy and kept surprising all of us with his quick moves.
- Doesn't this next photo make you want to know what the heck Mark just said to Susan?
- We are wanting to do less and less posed photos, and just more time with our clients, letting them just be themselves. In this next photo, we did "stage" this photo...heck I'm a girl and know how important it is to show off that new engagement ring.
- From our first session. Any guesses as to the joke?
- I just love the painting like quality of this next photo. Susan and Mark looked like they were just dropped in front of a backdrop. Any guesses where this photo was taken?
- We had such a blast. I can't wait for Mark and Susan's wedding next July...yes that is July 2011.