- posted by Kirsten
- Back in the summer, our book club hosted a surprise baby shower for Kristy. It was so much fun to see her growing belly each month and we all enjoyed celebrating her soon-to-be arrival with a "little man" themed evening. This handmade sign (in the shape of neckties!) hung as a backdrop to the dessert table.
- Mr. Man letters provided a wide centerpiece for the food table. Luckily, I have a crafty husband who was able to make my vision of stand-up letters happen!
- The theme was carried through the food with moustaches, bow ties, and miniature portions of food.
- Every man loves beer! Don't worry, it was only root beer for the guest of honor.
- There were an array of desserts to choose from...
- Chocolate dipped strawberries, chocolate pretzel cigars, moustache lollipops, and blue bowties. Sparkly sugar gave it just the girly touch!
- Everyone was sent home with a treat as well.
- A clothesline of the most adorable boy clothes hung above the gifts.
- Kristy had so many wonderful goodies to open. Any guesses what that ring attached to the gift is?!
- My little man was in attendance and dressed for the occasion!
- And I can't forget about my Jack who loves to lurk when we have company.
- Check out all the great books!
- ... and the cutest of them all, Clifford.
- posted by Natalie
- I have been friends with Kristy and Adam since our college days at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. We were all Civil Engineering majors and had many classes together. Kristy and I were also roommates during college! They were married in June of 2009 and just welcomed their first son in August. Kristy and Adam decided on the Pottery Barn Kids Row Your Boats theme for the nursery and that quickly became the theme of her baby showers as well!
In June, Kristy's mom and sister hosted a baby shower at Catte Verdera Country Club in Lincoln, California. There were so many wonderful details, I couldn't help but snap a few photos!
These were the amazing centerpieces! I loved that they incorporated the boats, animals, sand, and shells into the decor.
- Guests were invited to write Kristy, the mom-to-be, a note with advice. Don't you love the message in a bottle idea!
- And what is a baby shower without a few stuffed animals! These guys added some smiles to the room as they watched over the festivities from the fireplace mantel. And check out that diaper cake!
- Kristy's aunt made these tableclothes to match the nursery decor!
- The yummy chocolate cake!
- Not only did Kristy receive some awesome gifts, she also got a lot of advice from the moms in the room! It's amazing how much a little baby needs!
- After the festivities, I snapped a few group shots! The top photo is Kristy with her sister, grandma, mom, and aunt. The bottom photo is Kristy with her mother-in-law, sisters-in-law, sister, and mom.
- Then I headed outside to snap a few more photos. Top left - Kristy, me, and our college roommate, Stephanie. Top right - Kristy, me, and our friend, Amy. Bottom left - Kristy and her sister, Sandy. Bottom right - Kristy and her friend, Jen. Don't you just love Kristy's dress!
- It was a great baby shower with an awesome group of women celebrating Kristy and Adam's soon-to-be baby!
- posted by Jennifer
- I was really lucky this year to photograph so many families that were past wedding clients. Oscar and Cheryl were married in 2008 (back in the day when Cory used to shoot with me more often). This year I was able to meet both their boys: Mason is 11 months, and Myles is 3 years now.
- Cheryl planned the outfits...great color choices! They all look so good together.
- I loved how Myles was watching out for his little brother while they were walking.
- Mason just loved mommy's necklace.
- Myles and daddy share a smile and high five.
- Mason is just old enough to sit for a few seconds before he starts to wander. Those leaves on the bench were his focus of interest.
- Southside Park was the location of our shoot so that we could take advantage of the play area.
- Both the boys easily gazed at the camera for these last two images. Then we let them go play in the dirt!
- posted by Natalie
- Now is a great time to take advantage of some amazing holiday deals! There are many ways to use the holiday sales and discounts to save on your wedding! Here are a few ideas:
Send Save-the-Dates with your holiday cards. This is a great way to save money on postage! If you're already planning to send out holiday cards, why not include a separate Save-the-Date card in the same envelope! Or design a custom holiday card that includes information about your wedding date!
Use holiday deals to save on your wedding stationary. If you have not yet ordered your Save-the-Dates, invitaitons, or thank you cards, check out the online holiday deals! Here are a few sites we love to use:
Tiny Prints - Enjoy 20% off orders of $49+ or 25% off $149+ (code: NOV25SW); expires 11/13/2012. Free shipping for a limited time as well (code: FREESHIP12).
Wedding Paper Divas - Enjoy up to 20% off all orders (code: 20TP); expires 11/20/2012. Free shipping for any wedding order (code: FSALL); limited time only. Enjoy up to 40% off wedding suite items when you purchase wedding invitations. Offer subject to change and is valid for a limited time only.
Minted - Enjoy 10% off all wedding products (code: DOVES10); expires 11/12/2012.
Find other great deals. Plan ahead and you can find some great deals on favors and other wedding items during the holidays! It seems like everything is on sale at some point during this season! Check out Beau Coup for some great favor ideas! Make sure you hurry and take advantage of these great deals before 11/08/2012: Get 10% off minimum order of $50 (code: LEAVES10); Get 15% off minimum order of $175 (code: LEAVES15); Get 20% off minimum order of $399 (code: LEAVES20).
- posted by Jennifer
- Just a few weeks ago, I did a downtown Sacramento family photo session day. Melanie and Tim (we photographed their wedding in 2008) and their newest addition Brandon, joined The Memory Journalists for their first formal family photo session.
I couldn't help but start with Brandon's shoes. :-)
- Brandon wasn't having a fun time of it when we first started.
- I told Melanie not to worry, we capture a moment in time regardless of if the little ones are having a good day or a bad day. It's still a wonderful memory.
- Tim has this trick of blowing on Brandon's face to get him to stop crying. It made me totally crack up and it reminded me how Cory blows in our cat's face to get her to quit licking our faces when we sleep.
- Once we started pulling Brandon around in the wagon, he completely quieted down and had a much better time. Mel brought the sock monkey (hello my fave!!) to use a prop.
- We were able to get several family photos taken...huge success!
- And some individual moments too.
- What do you think - Is Brandon sticking his tongue out at me specifically? :-)
- Naw...he was just tired. I love the stretch while in daddy's arms.
- And my favorite photo of the day. What a perfect ending!