- posted by Isabel
- The Memory Journalists had the pleasure of capturing all the loveliness of Agnes's 90th Hawaiian Themed Birthday party earlier this year. It was such a joyous event and the continued smile on Agnes's face was infectious. I can't believe that this blog post escaped through the cracks and was never posted live. We apologize for the tardy post.
Gorgeous Floral arrangements from Kim with Bloomers Floral Design.
- Aimee from 2Chic Events & Design did such a fabulous job with this beautiful decor.
- This was such a cool cake from Sweet Cakes by Rebecca!
- Love her smile!! She was such a pleasure to be around.
- The Polynesian musicians really set the mood for the evenings event.
- And the dancers were amazing!!
- Thank you for letting us be a small part of such an awesome celebration!
- posted by Mai
- It's time to make memories, and enjoy the sweetness of life. Family portraits are one of the most precious keepsakes you can have. From the beginning of glancing at your newborn, to their first steps as a toddler, or capturing those candid shots as a family. Whichever shoot you're going for, we'll be with you every step of the way. Turn your family time into treasured moments, and they'll never be forgotten.
Don't forget to say CHEESE!
Need a family portrait? Check out our collective team of photographers at The Memory Journalists, and our recent Family Portraits of wonderful families!
- posted by Jennifer
- Parker turned two this year and mommy threw him an Elmo from Sesame Street themed birthday party. It was awesome! All of Parker's favorite foods were made.
- Kirsten used blue, green and yellows colors for decor. Many framed photos were on the mantle showcase Parker's last two years.
- Parker was taking a little nap when I arrived....good thing too....he would be all amp'd up later.
- Kirsten's mom (Parker's grandma) made these Elmo cupcakes. Perfect!
- The backyard was done up with stations for all the little ones: a coloring stations, a playdough station, basketball, bean bag toss, sandboxes, legos...you name it and it was there.
- My personal favorite was the sandboxes. Parker's grandpa made these.
- Once up from his name, Grandpa took Parker on a tour of all the great foods presented in Sesame Street style.
- The sandboxes were a huge hit!
- Every station had kids playing.
- I was able to snap one quick family photo.
- The enjoyment of his cupcake was priceless!
- posted by Jennifer
- Little Kylie recently turned 1 year old. Kirsten was able to start with some photos of the party at our local Gymboree. Kylie was decked out in the cutest little pink tutu.
- All the kids had a great time.
- All the toys at Gymboree make for so many options. What to do next?!
- I just love Kylie's nose scrunch in this next photo.
- Even all the mommies had a good time.
- Another awesome expression from Kylie. :-)
- Back at the house, ready for everyone's arrival from Gymboree, was a spread of desserts and bright primary colors. I love sampling as I take photos. :-)
- Outside, little stations were set up for the kids to play.
- Natalie had put together a board showcasing each monthly photo during the first year. Inside was the most awesome chalkboard listing all of Kylie's favorite things.
- The tables outside boasted even more photos taken throughout the year.
- Don't you just love the leg warmers?
- Kylie just wasn't too sure of her cake but she licked her fingers and enjoyed her taste of frosting!
- posted by Jennifer
- Last week I met up with Darleen and David and Dominic who we've photographed since Darleen and David's wedding, their pregnancy, and Dominic at several time-frames throughout the last two years.
We arrived at my favorite park and this was one of my first shots of the afternoon. :-) I just LOVE it. Dominic just wanted to play and we had other plans. We wanted to get a family photograph, since David's mom, Mildred (aka grandma), and David's brother and his wife, Bruce and Vandana, and their two girls, Anjali and Abigail, were all in attendance as well.
- I just love where Darleen finds Dom's clothes. And Vandana had the girls in perfect matching dresses.
- Anjali saw how daddy hugged her in this photo and she mimicked it with her sister.
- Dominic loves Woody and this doll is awesome!
- We finally started to play and the smiles all returned.
- Abigail enjoyed the swings too!
- Another photo I just LOVE LOVE LOVE. Dominic has great facial expressions and dad likes to encourage them. :-)
- This was just a perfect moment when I had Abi's full attention.
- One photo of Grandma and the grandkids. It was no feat to get everyone looking in the same direction all at once!
- David had just sneezed and provided great entertainment for Anjali.
- After I asked if this pose was mimicking Dr. Evil (from Austin Powers), and the answer was yes, this became my favorite photo of the entire afternoon. :-)