- posted by Mai
- Its still early in the year, and if you're planning on finding the dream wedding dress, I suggest you do it now! I was at the Sacramento NACE fashion show a couple of weeks ago, and there were some amazing dresses strutting the runway from local bridal shops Enchanted Bridal Shoppe and Sparkle Bridal Couture.
There are various styles, fabrics, and textures to choose from, but lace is definitely a big trend again this year. It can be incorporated with necklines, sleeves, or all over the bodice, even a small separate cover-up jacket. One of my favorites was a Sottero & Midgley trumpet A-line lace gown. It featured a romantic v-neckline, and a corset closure in the back. The bottom portion of the skirt flowed out with the perfect length train (not too long, or too short). This simple style reflects an elegant and classy bride....totally my style.
No matter how many dresses you try on this year, personalize your look with these intricate textures and details. You'll have heads turning your way. To see more photos of some of the top trends for wedding dresses in 2014 check out this great photo article by PopSugar.
- posted by Isabel
- As soon as Teresa and I arrived at this Bay area wedding in the charming town of Larkspur, we instantly fell in love with the town's character and sweetness. Every building seemed to tell a story, which is why Kristen and Brad choose the Tavern at Lark Creek for their winter vintage inspired wedding.
- Teresa and I loved the hint of vintage with Kristen's accessories.
- Fresh Face Make-up was on hand to add just the right touch of color to Kristen's already radiant glow.
- Kristen's dress was perfect for the vintage feel she desired. Everything from her hair and makeup, head piece, jewelry, shoes and her cardigan was perfect.
- Kristen's bridesmaids were some of the sweetest and most genuine gals you'll ever meet. They were all such a joy to be around. The bouquet's matched so well with the colors of the dresses. I love that Kristen had each bridesmaid wear the same style dress but a different color.
Kristen had a hidden Go-Pro camera in her bouquet!
- Angella Floral Arts created the detail in the boutonniere and the floral arrangements.
- The guys were all giggles and silliness. I think we may have only gotten one serious photo the entire day.
- We love first looks!!! You can just feel the anticipation building.
- Right across the street from the venue was this amazing park in the forest.
- These crazy kids. ;) Such a playful group photo.
- Perfection!! Love this bridal group shot!!!
- Their favors were little succulent plants for each guest to take and enjoy, love and grow.
- Walking up the aisle, Kristen was so excited.
- Though it was a bit chilly out, everyone seemed to snuggle closer and keep warm.
- Brad barely took his eyes off of her. It was such a sweet ceremony to witness.
- Kristen's manicure had a little blue heart on the ring finger nail. So cute!
- Kristen has been a part of The Dolanc String Quartet for many years. They played their beautiful music during the ceremony and cocktail hour. Kristen came out and played with them for their last set.
- They played the most elegant version of Sweet Child of Mine, originally done by Guns & Roses.
- Check out this beautiful cake by Branching Out Cakes.
- I loved the energy from all the guests. Their was happiness all around from their friends and family. Congratulations again to Kristen & Brad!
To see a longer sneak peek slideshow, be sure to click the last photo. Enjoy! (be sure to be patient for it to load - there are over 100+ photos).
- posted by Jennifer
- I just love fall weddings. Last month Kelly and I started at The Westin Sacramento, photographing Mylene and Victor's wedding day. While Mylene was getting the final touches of hair and make-up by All Dolled Up, we took photos of her beautiful dress. Accents by Sage created some beautiful bouquets that we used in our dress photos too.
We worked we some fabulous vendors again!
- Mylene got dressed with the help of her girls, while her mom smiled so big as she watched her daughter become a bride.
- Her mom helped with her earrings, but what I really love about what we do, isn't the earrings themselves, is the looks between mom and daughter.
- As we left the Westin, we hogged the elevator and kicked everyone out so we could get just a girls photo.
- We met Victor at the church and took a few quickie photos outside before all the guests arrived.
- Both Mylene and Victor had their parents walk them down the aisle. I love how important their family is to each of them.
- The red box contained the rings. I never thought about how holding something, like the girls with flowers, might actually help reduce nerves but maybe we should think about letting the guys carry something? :-)
- The veil and cord ceremony was part of the traditions during the ceremony.
- One of my favorite photos during the ceremony was the exchange of rings through Mylene's veil.
- WOOHOO! Mr. and Mrs. Victor Wu are pronounced.
- We took some quick formal photos in the church before we had to leave. This was the first time I had photographed at Good Shepherd Catholic Church and I just love this church and it's light. It's a photographers friend.
- We often ask you to do something (like put your arms around each other) and while you may think we are capturing the above face on photo, we are really wanting to capture something else....in this case your hands that you've placed around each other.
- At the halfway point in this wedding, Kelly and I had Isabel join us so that we could have some fresh eyes (and arms) for our 12 hour day. This fun photo Isabel caught as the crew had loaded into the limo and Mylene was the last one in.
- I had scouted around Elk Grove parks the week before until I found the one I wanted. Perfect fall colors!
- Sometimes the most random of moments become some of my favorite photos, like this next one.
- Yes, while the veil blowing may have been staged (cause whose veil ever blows this perfectly?!) it's still one of my favorites too.
- Mylene's smile in this next series is magazine ad quality. I am in LOVE with this series.
- We loaded up to leave and Victor swooshed Mylene up into his arms! Her own private chariot.
- Back at the reception venue, Asian Pearl, we took a few photos while we waited for the couples grand entrance. This is the best cake topper ever! It included their dog Bella! Ettore's European Bakery put together this creation.
- Poor Mylene and Victor had the glasses chiming all night long from their guests (and you know what that means??? KISS KISS) This was the cutest moment when they wanted a private kiss. :-)
Sound Image Entertainment provided the evening with music and great lighting. And fun dancing! Be sure to click the next photo to start the slideshow. Enjoy! (there is music so be sure to turn your volume up, or down, as needed.)
- posted by Jennifer
- A few weeks ago, Teresa and I started an awesome wedding day with Naomi and Mark at the Catta Verdera Country Club. This wedding location was gorgeous and the weather was perfect.
- Kayci was on hand to do hair and make-up! She even had a little helper.
- Naomi's dress hung by itself on the rack waiting for best part to begin....getting into the dress!
- Naomi's friends and family were all surrounding her as she glowed with excitement.
- I love this generation photo with Naomi's mom and grandma both.
- Once she was dressed, there was a few hugs, and a few tears. I love these special moments.
- After taking a few girls' photos, we met up with the guys. I have to say the guys were a great bunch and made our job super easy.
- From a distance you could see the bride walking in with her brother.
- And up close was even better. Naomi's smile got bigger and bigger the closer she got to Mark. Her bouquet was gorgeous too! (from Cathy at Visual Impact Designs).
- There ceremony was one of laughs and tears - the best kind of ceremonies!
- The umbrellas were a great source of fun for the entire wedding party.
- After the ceremony was over, photos were almost done, and the party was about to begin, we caught Naomi skipping with Joy (notice she's mid-air!)
- This was such a beautiful spot for photos. The leaves on the tree were such a great fall color.
- A little quiet time as we photographers stand a bit further off.
- The backside of Catta Verdera proved to be a great location for photos as well.
- Right before entering the reception, Naomi and Mark had a drinking contest....Naomi won!
- Function 45 rocked the night away with their music and entertainment. Baker Ben's Donuts provided a late night snack of awesome donuts and Ettore's made a beautiful cake. Be sure to check out the rest of the sneak peek by clicking the following photo to start the slideshow (there is music!) Enjoy! Be patient as it loads - there are over 100 photos!
- posted by Isabel
- It was a sweet summer evening just a few weeks ago when these two made it official. In front of their family and very dearest of friends Malakai and Elizabeth said their vows. Their promises to be their for each other through good times and bad. Every word spoken had more emotion and love than any ceremony I have ever attended. Elizabeth and Malakai, I see you! ;)
- I just loved the jewels on her already gorgeous tatoo!! Such a pretty touch.
- Such a sweet and inviting ceremony.
- Each stone on Elizabeth's ring represented a special meaning to both her and Malakai.
- Congratulations again to the two of you. And thank you to our dear past Client's Christine and Richard for referring them to the Memory Journalists.